Here is my absolute favourite thin crust pizza recipe! It is not like any of the pizza that you get from your local pizza place, it is super thin, crispy, and has very little toppings!
I have been making pizza this way for the past 4 years and I have yet to find anyone who doesn’t love this pizza! Make sure you use a pizza stone, this is not optional! It is a requirement!
Pizza dough recipe
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse corn meal
- 150 grams thin slice Prosciutto
- 5 Cremini mushrooms, slice thinly
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Unripened goats cheese
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Small handful fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Place pizza stone on the lowest rack, preheat the oven to 550 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups of the flour, the yeast, and the salt; add the warm water to the flour mixture. Mix with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Once all the ingredients are mixed, turn on high and mix for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Stir as much of the remaining flour in with a wooden spoon.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and knead dough until moderately stiff dough, (around 4-5 minutes). Let it sit for 5 minutes before rolling out.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal parts. On a clean, lightly floured surface, roll out as thin as possible, this should make at least a 12″ circle.
- Turn a baking sheet upside down and spread 1 tbsp course corn meal on it (this helps the dough slide off the baking pan). Place the dough gently on the baking sheet.
- Lightly oil the dough and the spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on top. Top with prosciutto, mushrooms, basil, desired amount of goats cheese, and parmesan. Drizzle on a generous amount of balsamic.
- Slide off the pan onto the pizza stone with a spatula.
- Cook until the top starts to brown and the crust is crisp (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and cut, serve immediately!
Thanks for checking out my blog! I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know what you think and how it turns out for you! Don’t forget to like us and share us with all your friends!