I don’t have time to post all 3 recipes for the bacon ice cream, but I have enough time to do one!
Vanilla ice cream with bacon brittle
- Good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon (reserve 1 tbsp for garnish)
Preparations and Cooking:
- In a small pot, mix the sugar, corn syrup, and water together. On medium heat, combine the mixture until clear. Turn the heat up to medium/high and boil (do not stir!), using a candy thermometer bring the mixture up to 300 degrees F (hard crack).
- immediately take the sugar mixture off the heat, Mix the baking soda, butter, vanilla, and bacon into the sugar mixture. (this might get a bit scary because it bubbles, but it’s okay!)
- When the bubbles subside, pour onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes
- Break the brittle into pieces and put half of the brittle into a food processor. Blend the brittle in the food processor until it is the texture of coarse corn meal, pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Scoop out a ball of ice cream and roll it in the bacon brittle until it is completely covered.
- Serve with a piece of the intact bacon brittle and some crumbled bacon for garnish.
Thanks for checking out part 1 of my bacon ice cream adventure! Please let me know what you think and try it out yourself!
Don’t forget to like this page and share it with all your friends!