This is part 2 of the bacon ice cream saga! A few years ago I saw a show by chef Micheal Simon that highlighted a company that specialized in candied bacon products! The one product that stood out to me was chocolate covered bacon. So here is my take on their chocolate covered bacon, and to make it even better I’ve paired it with vanilla ice cream!
Chocolate covered bacon recipe:
- 3 strips bacon (rendered, cooled)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Good quality vanilla ice cream
- Set up a double boiler to insulate the chocolate as you melt it. If you don’t have a true double boiler, just take a large Pyrex bowl, and place it on top of a small pot with 1″ of water. Bring the water up to a simmer, add the chocolate, and slowly melt the chocolate, make sure you don’t get any water in the chocolate or it will seize up!
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, dip the bacon in the chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge and cool until the chocolate has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
Hope you all enjoyed this recipe! I found it only took a few minutes to make and was super tasty!
Don’t forget to subscribe to this page and share it with all your friends!