So here is one of the 2 recipes that I promised you yesterday!
I created this recipe a few years ago after seeing a tv show. It was a recipe that was originally brought over from the Ukraine, but since they never released the recipe I had to make it up from memory!
It is a mix between a pizza and a calzone, but has a ground meat filling with lots of onions, paprika, and garlic!
The dish with no name recipe
- Pizza dough (check out this link for the recipe)
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 2 large yellow onions, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to: 375 degrees F
- In a medium sauce pan, lightly brown the yellow onions and garlic, this should take from 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked onions and garlic with the meat, paprika, chili powder, oil, salt and pepper.
- Roll out 2, 12″ pizza crusts. On a large baking tray, place a piece of parchment paper a little larger than the pizza crust. Place one of the pizza crusts on the parchment paper.
- Spread the meat mixture on the pizza crust so it forms a layer around 1/2″ thick, make sure you leave a 1″ gap of dough with no meat around the outside.
- Place the second crust on top of the meat mixture. Pinch the top crust together with the bottom crust.
- Lightly oil the top, and sprinkle some coarse salt on as well.
- Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes. Check that the meat is cooked through with a thermometer, and remove from the oven.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes, cut into 8 pieces and serve!
Thanks for checking out my latest recipe! Please try out the recipe and let me know how it works out!
Don’t forget to subscribe and like this page!